Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hi, My Name Is...

Hello fellow hockey card collectors!

My name is Michael and I'm a high-school student who has been interested in collecting hockey cards since elementary school! For my first post I'm going to tell you how I got into collecting, who and what I collect, and what I intend to post in future.

First off, I got seriously into collecting when my uncle handed me all his duplicate hockey card from the mid-80's to the early 2000's as a young boy, since then I haven't stopped collecting! My favorite team is the Vancouver Canucks, so whenever I go out buying or trading I always look for Canucks cards.

I really was inspired to start my own blog after a year of reading my fellow bloggers blog "My Hockey Card Obsession". Although, I don't nearly have the collection he has and it can be discouraging seeing all the crazy cards he owns, I still try my best to keep up. I'm simply collecting for kicks!

Along the way, I look forward to sharing some cool hockey cards I own and in the future would love to own. Along with an in depth look at some hockey card sets.

Well it's nice to get the first post out of the way, and I'm looking forward to my second coming up in the next few days!

GO NUCKS GO!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,

    Thanks for the kind words about my blog.

    I have been blogging for just over a year now and I have held true to 2 things....

    I write for me. I don't write what I think others will enjoy. I write what I want to. The fact that other people enjoy what I write is a bonus. My blog was created as a way to improve my writing and keep me 'in check' with my collecting goals.

    Second, I control the blog, the blog does not control me. It should never feel like work. It should be fun. If it's a struggle to blog, step back and assess.

    The best part about blogging is that it can represent you....your collection. Everyone has a different collection and each is enjoyable in its own way. Showcase that - be proud of that. It's not a race and it's not about who's collection is better.

    Enjoy your blogging and if you have any other questions, just ask.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to what seems like an ever expanding hockey card blogosphere. I've been blogging for almost a year now as well and it's a great way to share your collection and stay in touch with other collectors and the industry in general.

    On a side note, I also got my blog Card Boarded started after reading My Hockey Card Obsession like you, so that's kind of cool.

    Good luck with your blog and make sure to have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete