Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Game 4 - Vanouver @ Los Angeles

Well, the day has finally arrived. The Canucks have their backs to the wall pushing themselves backwards into a 3-0 series deficit. I couldn't restrain myself from at least mentioning the Canucks awful return to the postseason this week.

People in Vancouver started pushing the panic button after game one, so you can imagine how crazy the city feels after 3 straight loses. People are yelling for Alain Vigneault's head, for Edler's head and hell even Luongo's head (and he played spectacular).

So what could be the problem?

Well for starters it's not been in net. Luongo put up two great starts when the Canucks left him out to dry in the first two games. Game 3 Scneider played his usual awesome self and could not be faulted for the one rebound goal he let in.

Defense was horrific games 1 and 2 but game 3 was a definite improvement (aside from Alex Edler of course).

SCORING is the most obvious of all problems currently. When you take 41 perimeter shots and give Jonothan Quick the satisfaction of a shutout, we have a problem. SHOTS do not equal SCORING CHANCES and I think that's the biggest obstacle the Nucks are facing. In most post game interviews they mention "Oh well we got 40 plus shots so we unfortunately ran into a hot goalkeeper". Excuses, excuses, when only 1 of those 41 shots are from the slot shouldn't sirens be going off?

The poweplay has just plain sucked. With the absence of Daniel and the never ending guilt from trading away our second line PP centre (Cody Hodgson) the Canucks have lost their creativity and more importantly their swagger.

Anyways that is a very short summary of my thoughts on the series. Tonight I think we'll pull through with a 2-1 win in OT. My overall prediction is Kings in 6. I can't believe I just said that...

On another note I had my road test today and failed so ya, you could say I'm in a bad mood. So if the Canucks don't win tonight a bad day will turn into a terrible day.

As for hockey cards, I'm planning to recieve about 6 or so packages in the next 2 weeks so look forward to some new cardboard.

Time to nap away my sorrows.

GO NUCKS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment