Friday, September 14, 2012

DFG's Group Break Goodies, Thanks Tim!

For all those that participated in the Real DFG's Box Break in August, you'll know that for just 10 bucks you get a butt load of neat hockey cards. I received the package a couple of days ago and was happy to see some really neat stuff for my Cloutier PC's, Canucks binders and even a GU hit!

42 BASE CARDS

Excluding Dan Cloutier cards I received 42 base cards split right down the middle (half Lightning and half Canucks).







Sick flow Nazzy...

















I've never actually seen these type die-cut cards before the group break...









These are some of the coolest Crown Royale base card designs, the die-cut technology is really well done on these cards...










4 INSERTS









These are some neat looking parallels for goalies. Even the name "Gauntlet of Glory", neat name, but wouldn't it make sense if all the pictures were of the goalies making glove saves?





Who?







MAXIMUM OVERDIVE! Excessive? Maybe a bit. But they make it look like Naslund's going really fast so, its cool.







Neat idea for an insert set. I've seen this before but this is actually not badly executed.











1 GU HIT!




Awww...shucks, I'm a sucker for GU cards. Even though this is just when GU hockey cards were starting to jump in the hobby, I don't mind the cheesy card design. I do slightly remember Andrew Cassels as a kid, I've always liked his name.

DAN CLOUTIER CARDS

Five base cards, three of which or not doubles. Plus another "Gauntlet of Glory" insert, this time of my main man - Cloutier.




GO NUCKS GO!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow those look much cooler posted on your blog than they did on mine. Especially the Cloutiers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they definitely found there way to a very happy collector

      Delete