Friday, June 24, 2011

THE GOALIE PROJECT - Dan Cloutier (Part 1)

I won't be doing a whole lot of talking since I'm watching TSN's coverage of the 2011 NHL entry draft as we speak. More on that in the next few days.

As for hockey cards, Dan Cloutier was my favorite childhood goalie growing up. I was a fan of him through good and bad (mostly bad), and so Cloutier cards were always well taken care of in my collection. First let's see 2 out of the 4 cards I have of Dan in jerseys other than Canucks.


Instead of pulling out all my Cloutier cards let's take a look at my favorite Cloutier cards in Canucks gear.



My only memorabilia card of Cloutier is a signed jumbo card which I received IP, there's a lot more that goes along with this story but we'll leave that for another day. Take another look:


I almost forgot about the rookie card, I thought I didn't have one but upon further review I forgot about this gem.


This card as you can see is courtesy of checkoutmycards.com because I'm too lazy to scan mine again, so there you have it. 

Doesn't matter how good or bad your childhood hero is, you still gotta love 'em. Thanks Dan!

Alex Auld - 3/3 COMPLETE! 26 TOTAL
Murray Bannerman - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Martin Brochu
Richard Brodeur - 1/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL
Gary Bromley
Bruce Bullock
Sean Burke
Frank Caprice
Jacques Caron
Dan Cloutier - 3/3 COMPLETE! 29 TOTAL
Ed Dyck
Ken Ellacott
Bob Essensa - 3/3 COMPLETE! 13 TOTAL
Mike Fountain
Troy Gamble - 2/2 COMPLETE! 21 TOTAL
George Gardner
John Garrett - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Glen Hanlon
Johan Hedberg - 2/3 COMPLETE! 4 TOTAL
Rick Heinz
Corey Hirsch
Charlie Hodge
Arturs Irbe
Jason LaBarbera - 2/3 COMPLETE! 4 TOTAL
Ken Lockett
Roberto Luongo - 3/3 COMPLETE! 38 TOTAL
Drew MacIntyre - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Cesare Maniago - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Bob Mason
Dave McClelland
Steve McKichan
Kirk McLean
Rob McVicar - 1/1 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Alfie Michaud
Tyler Moss
Mika Noronen - 2/3 COMPLETE! 5 TOTAL
Maxime Ouellet
FĂ©lix Potvin - 3/3 COMPLETE! 25 TOTAL
Andrew Raycroft - 1/3 COMPLETE! 6 TOTAL
Curt Ridley
Dany Sabourin - 2/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL
Curtis Sanford - 3/3 COMPLETE! 7 TOTAL
Cory Schneider - 1/2 COMPLETE! 7 TOTAL
Corey Schwab
Petr Skudra - 3/3 COMPLETE! 4 TOTAL
Gary Smith
Garth Snow
Kevin Weekes
Steve Weeks
Kay Whitmore - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Dunc Wilson - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Wendell Young

GO NUCKS GO!

5 comments:

  1. Dan played 5 games for the Timmins Golden Bears which was about an hour from where I grew up. It was the same team the Steve Sullivan played for!

    A little FYI....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I never knew that, did you watch him a lot growing up? I feel bad that the fans of Vancouver ripped his career apart. He did cost us a longer cup run in the West Coast Express days. Remember the Detroit goal from centre?

    ReplyDelete
  3. remind me when this postal strike is over to trade you that Dan Cloutier jersey card I have...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to see him play. He only was there for 5 games so he came and went before I ever got my chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a Cloutier fan growing up as well. Have a few cards of him somewhere; love the World Juniors Team Canada card.

    ReplyDelete