Wednesday, February 1, 2012

GAME DAY - January 31st, 2012 - Canucks vs Blackhawks

I went to my second regular season game of the season last night (third overall considering pre-season) and the game did not disappoint! One of the best rivalries in the modern NHL turned out to make a great hockey game!



My dad was able to score 2 more tickets so we had a total of four seats amongst the 18,500+ crowd. My entire family went and I sat with my little sis. The game had big hopes. Battle of the western conferences' bests teams, with a little drama mixed in. Toews and Sharp were slotted back into the lineup and a surprise start for Cory Schneider in net. I'm sure you've seen the highlight already, but if not...


Highlight material no doubt! That was the biggest name of the night - Cory Schneider. He stopped 37 of 39 shots and won the 1st star of the game. In fact the Canucks would've probably never made it through the second period if it wasn't for "SCHNEIDERMAN"!


The Canucks would win the game in fashion with a 3-2 OT victory! And as if that wasn't good enough, Daniel Sedin was the player that notched the goal and a new Canucks record for most OT goals by a Canuck. History unfolded right before my eyes.

As for keepsakes, I already showed you my ticket but here is my complimentary program:


Last but not least is a picture of a toque my sister caught from the crowd. Nice little freebie.


EDIT: Oh how could I forget?! Cody Hodgson (my favourite player) scored the game tying goal! More on him later! Thanks Cody, great game! 

As always...

GO NUCKS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment