Thursday, March 22, 2012

CANUCKS SPECIALS - The REAL 2011-12 Gift

Okay so sometimes I eat my words. Today I have to do just that. Awhile back I got in the mail what I thought was the 2011-12 Season Ticket Holder gift from the Vancouver Canucks organization. You can read what I thought about that "gift" here. To make a long story short, I was not impressed. It felt like the gift lacked a certain special/unique appeal that they usually have.

Turns out that WASN'T the actual gift! Kinda bittersweet, I have to admit that the Canucks organization weren't putting out a simple magazine as the gift (and eat my words) BUT! I instead get a super sweet thank you gift. I'm glad my dad still thinks of me and my collection addiction and hands these on to me, they really are a treat!

So let's look at it!



The package came in this blue matte finished box with a foiled Vancouver Canucks logo and the ever famous Vancouverite slogan "We Are All Canucks". Classy. Checkmark. 


Inside was this folder that contained a couple brochures. One was full of information of how to renew your season tickets (which I handed to my father with a smile). The other brochure contained full page photos and captions from the year thus far. There are some really cool shots in this thing and it kinda gives me goosebumps thinking about the play-offs. 

Let's take a look at my top three favourite shots from the booklet.


Okay...so this was definitely made BEFORE the trade deadline. There is rookie Cody Hodgson doing a post-game interview. This only makes me sad, but it still is one of my favourites. On a side note, I'm working on making a trade for the Artifacts Cody Hodgson redemption numbered to /99! Hope I get it, I just hope I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. Moving on...


This picture I thought would have a really cool affect on you TTM'ers out there. That is Dan Hamhuis signing hockey cards (with some wrapped in a rubber band...yikes!) Look at all that fan mail eh? But what I found really interesting was how the hockey cards travelled with him around North America. It's funny how hockey cards do more travelling then humans. Also I don't see any letter anywhere, is he even reading them? I hope so, I know if I ever tried to TTM I would put time and effort and hope it would even be scanned through. Anyhoo, I thought it was interesting and thought you might find it to. 


This is the very last picture in the entire booklet and it sends chills down my spine. I can feel and hear the atmosphere of the crowd just looking at it. Looking at this only makes me more excited about the play-offs. 

Overall, I'm really happy to put this in my Vancouver Canucks memorabilia collection. I'm really starting to collect a mini museum of cool Nucks stuff. It's fun and I wouldn't wanna quit it ever.

More then ever, I leave you with this...

...GO NUCKS GO!

1 comment: