Friday, December 31, 2010

Should I Be Happy?

Three big games on TV today...
1. Canada v. Sweden
2. Vancouver v. Dallas
3. Phillidelphia v. Anaheim

Results...
1. 6-5 Sweden in Shootout
2. 4-1 NUCKS
3. 5-2 Anaheim

My thoughts...
Well I don't know how I should feel right now? Only 1 out of my 3 teams won today. But is 33% really that great? First of all, Canada lost a hard fought, high scoring game, in what I like to call the circus act (a.k.a the Shootout). Second, Philly (which was the team I got assigned to in "Drop The Gloves" contest) lost their 3 out of their last 4 - OUCH! After losing Pronger they've gone from top echelon in the league to struggling pretty hard. The contest is out of winning percentage from 12/15/10 to 1/15/11 and Philly is sitting at a mediocre 50%. That type of percentage does not win contests especially with teams like Tampa Bay and Vancouver ripping it up. Finally, my beloved Canucks won their 3rd straight, they also have won 13 of their last 16, and have picked up points in 15 of their last 16. So what do u think? Was today a good hockey day or bad? It kinda leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth to tell you the truth.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to the Winter Classic which was one of Bettmans very few good ideas (probably wasnt his anyways). Im a bigger Ovie fan than Crosby even though Sid is Canadian, so go Caps! I'll leave the question to anyone out there who cares, who do you pick? Crosby or Ovechkin?

Lastly, in my area we are about 3 and a half hours away from the big 2011! Woot Woot! So without further adue, Happy New Year!

GO NUCK GO!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michael,

    Happy New Year!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I appreciate the visits.

    As for your question....when you are writing your entry, at the bottom there is a space labeled 'Labels For This Post'. You just type a keyword or a theme for your post and it will automatically group it for you.

    The next time you post something that would fit into that subject, just label it exactly the same and it will add to it.

    Cheers and have a great 2011.

    ReplyDelete