Sunday, March 13, 2011

FINALLY ORGANIZED!! + New Collecting Goals

Is it weird that I'm thoroughly happy I finally have all my cards organized? It's odd how something so simple can make me so happy! Not only are all my cards in order and protected properly, but I have FINALLY valued my entire collection. Like I've said before although many people don't find Beckett credible, this is what I used because I wanted some sort of number on my collection.

This post is more so for my own record, so if your not interested in the numbers I don't blame you for looking away. Just this time though, trust me my post won't always be like this.

My hockey card hobby started in elementary school. Trading cards brought in ziploc bags (ouch!). I look back on those days and think: what was I collecting for? It wasn't so much as signatures and low numbered cards or GU cards. It was simple things like getting a Canucks card or my favorite player at the time. As I look back on my cards from those days I notice that not a lot of them had monetary value, but more so sentimental value. I've gotten more serious as I've grown and now I live for any signature or GU card I can get my hands on. After the statistics, I'll explain how my goals of collecting have changed after examining the numbers.

TOTAL CARDS: 9,025
TOTAL VALUE: $ 2,870. 56
CARDS NOT YET VALUED: 835

So this is the grand totals of all cards. You'll notice that of the 9,025 cards I own, 835 of those cards are NYV (Not Yet Rated). That's because those are the cards from this 2010-11 collecting season. Instead of collecting the monthly issues I figure it would be more worth my while to wait until next years annual comes out.

TOTAL CARDS: 9,025
-> AUTOGRAPHS: 19
-> GAME USED: 2

This is where I find the biggest hole in my collection. Only two sweater cards in my entire collection! That's probably going to be my biggest goal moving along.

TOTAL CARDS: 9,025
-> CANUCKS CARDS: 2,336
-----> CANUCKS RC's: 412
-----> CANUCKS AUTOGRAPHS: 5
-----> CANUCKS GAME USED: 1
-----> CANUCKS NYV: 28

I'm very happy that my Canucks cards have jumped over the 2,000 mark. I have a lot of doubles, which is the only down side to that stat. Again, I have 28 Canucks cards from this season that have not yet been rated.

GOALS:
1. Continue to build my Canucks collection
2. Start a serious player collection (Richard Brodeur?)
3. Gain more GU cards!

Simple as that, those are my stats. Small beans compared to a lot of other collections, but there is no way that I'm disappointed with my share of cards. It's not just about signatures on cards, I'm a big fan of signed jersey's, photos etc. so I'll continue to grow my strong collection in that category!

Like I said, this is more for my record to keep track of my favorite cards in my collection. I'll keep a running update on this post as well as keep a hard copy for myself at home.

UPDATES
---------------------------------

TOTAL CARDS: 10, 929
VALUE: $3, 794.86
NYV: 1, 821

CANUCKS CARDS: 2, 694
VALUE: $1, 236.10
NYV: 97

AUTO's: 52 (24 Canucks)
GU: 37 (21 Canucks)
GU/AUTO: 4 (1 Canuck)

GO NUCKS GO!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting everything organized, that's gotta be a good feeling! If you're looking for a way to organize them electronically for searching, etc I recommend Zistle. I've been using it a couple of years now, it's totally free, easy to use and the best out there in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Daniel Sedin game-used if you are interested in making a trade to get some more G-U in your collection.

    ReplyDelete