Sunday, April 17, 2011

THE GOALIE PROJECT - Mika Noronen + Dany Sabourin (Part 1)

It's been a while since I've posted any actual hockey cards. It's been all play-offs for me in the past few days. I watched too many hockey games to remember over the past 3 days. So far my Canuckers are doing just fine, up on Chicago 2-0 in the series. As long as we split the away games we will be in great condition. One of the only frightening sights for the Canucks were the couple of soft goals Luongo gave up. I really hope that doesn't get in his head.

Anyhoo, like the title shows we got some Goalie Project cards to cross off the list. Starting with Mika Noronen:


This is a triple of this particular card. Mika's time in Vancouver did not last very long, in fact he only lasted 4 games. After Noronen's stint in Vancouver in 2005-06 he jumped to the KHL, the SEL, and then the SM-liiga. 


Noronen's Rookie Card is from 2000-01 when he was in Buffalo. 


Above is one of my favorite Canuck back-ups of all time. When Luongo had a "technical difficulty" in the 2007 play-offs against the Ducks in what was the Canucks final game of the play-offs. Sabourin had to go in as an emergency back-up for the first 5 minutes of the second overtime. He survived what was an insurmountable attack by the eventual cup winners. Later it was implied that Luongo's difficultly was...well...he had to go number 2 (if you're picking up what I'm laying down). Anyways, I couldn't find the video on YouTube but it was one of the greatest moments by any Canucks back-up. Also one of the most embarassing moments for any Canucks goalie (nudge, nudge Luongo).


Now this is a fantastic card! I got this card in a package that Brett sent over my way, and I love the design and layout of the cards. Sabourin's rookie card is numbered out of /1750. I'm not sure if you can see or not because of the scan, but it's on the bottom right corner of Sabourin's picture.

So after these 4 cards I still need one more card to complete these two keepers. I have:

1) a rookie card
2) a card in a Canucks jersey

I need:

3) a card in another teams jersey (excluding the rookie cards)


GO NUCKS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment